Ultrasonics Learning Resources
The Ultrasonics Learning Resources page provides links to review tutorials and other literature related to a variety of ultrasound applications. Some resources may require UFFC membership. Go to Software for software-related resources.
Review and Tutorial Papers
16.93 MBby Motonao Tanaka (2002)
1.13 MBby G.R. Harris Proc 1999 IEEE Ultrasonics Symp, Volume: 2, pp. 1341-1352.
6.76 MBby F.S. Foster, K.A. Harasiewicz, M.D. Sherar IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferro Freq Contr, 47(6), pp. 1363-1371 (2000).
Transducers and Sensors
1.23 MBby Wallace Arden Smith Proc 1986 IEEE ISAF, pp. 249-256.
1.00 MBby W. Wersing International Symposium on the Applications of Ferroelectrics, 1986 Proceedings, Pages: 212-223
Surface Acoustic Waves
1.80 MBby Colin K. Campbell Proceedings of the IEEE, 70(10), pp. 1453-1484 (1989).
722.50 KBby Allan Coon Proc 1991 IEEE Ultrasonics Symp, pp. 155-160.
Proceedings of the International Symposium on Acoustic Wave Devices for Future Mobile Communication Systems
0.00 KBChiba, Japan on Mar. 5-7, 2001 (Link contributed by Professor Ken-ya Hashimoto)
Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Acoustic Wave Devices for Future Mobile Communication Systems
0.00 KBChiba, Japan on Mar. 2-5, 2004 (Link contributed by Professor Ken-ya Hashimoto)
Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Acoustic Wave Devices for Future Mobile Communication Systems
0.00 KBChiba, Japan on Mar. 6-9, 2007 (Link contributed by Professor Ken-ya Hashimoto)
1.81 MBby Andrew Shoh IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferro Freq Contr, 22(2), pp. 60-71 (1975).
Industrial Applications of Ultrasound — A Review II. Measurements, Tests, and Process Control Using Low-Intensity Ultrasound
2.92 MBby Lawrence C. Lynnworth IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferro Freq Contr, 22(2), pp. 71-101 (1975).
826.27 KBby W.A. Grandia, C. M. Fortunko Proc 1995 IEEE Ultrasonics Symp, Vol. 1, pp. 697-709.
Special Issues of the T-UFFC
Outstanding Paper Awards
1986 Jean-Pierre Monchalin: Optical Detection of Ultrasound
1992 (Co-Winners) Jian-yu Lu and James F. Greenleaf: Nondiffracting X-Waves (1992a, 1992b)
1992 (Co-Winners) Mathias Fink, François Wu, Jean-Louis Thomas and Didier Cassereau: Time Reversal Acoustics (1992a, 1992b, 1992c)
Complete books are available to UFFC-S members as a membership benefit. Please click here to view the books.
- Fundamentals of Physical Acoustics by David T. Blackstock (New York: John Wiley & Sons)
- Fundamentals of Acoustics (4th Ed) by Lawrence E. Kinsler, Austin R. Frey, Alan B. Coppens, and James V. Sanders (New York: John Wiley & Sons)
- Nonlinear Acoustics edited by Mark F. Hamilton and David T. Blackstock (New York: Academic Press)
- Linear and Nonlinear Waves by G. B. Whitham (New York: John Wiley & Sons)
- Acoustic Fields and Waves in Solids Vols. I and II by B. A. Auld (Malabar, Florida: Krieger Publishing Company)
- Quantitative Seismology: Theory and Methods by K. Aki and P. G. Richards (San Francisco: W. H. Freeman and Company)
- Physical Acoustics Series (vols. 1-24) edited by W. P. Mason et al. (New York: Academic Press)